This Halloween flashlight craft for kids is just like the viral ocean flashlight craft on FB. It’s such an easy craft to do with kids and they are blown away when the “flashlight” is placed inside of the bag. With the spookiness of Halloween, it’s the perfect craft to adapt to the holiday season.
In our adaption of this fun kid’s craft, I use a Halloween haunted house scene. Kids search for ghosts, bats, etc. Here is our version of the viral craft.
Turn the Flashlight Craft into a Learning Game!
By using a dry erase marker, I was able to quickly turn the Halloween flashlight craft into a learning game with my children. Once the permanent marker is dry, you can use a dry erase marker to write on the bag for the child to find. Some ideas could be:
- Letters – letter identification hunt, letter-sound hunt, spell out a word by finding each letter in a row
- Numbers – number identification, finding the answer to addition/subtraction problems, use higher numbers and find the answer to multiplication problems
- Sight words – have kids find sight words
- Vocabulary words – give a definition and the children have to find the word that matches
- …and so much more! The possibilities are endless.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I am also an affiliate for the HP ink program. Click here to read more.
Free Halloween Flashlight Craft for Kids Directions
- Black construction paper
- Gallon size storage bag
- Black Permanent Marker
- Black Dry erase marker (for educational option)
- Free printables
- Download + print the free printables on white cardstock.
- Cut out the flashlight.
- Place the haunted house scene in the gallon size bag.
- Trace the image with a black permanent marker.
- Pull out the haunted house scene.
- Place a piece of. black construction paper or cardstock inside the gallon bag.
- Place the flashlight paper in-between the bag and the black construction paper and move around.
For an added learning experience
- Allow the permanent marker to dry on the bag.
- Use a dry-erase marker to write letters, or words, or numbers, etc. on the bag around the haunted house scene.
- Use the flashlight to find the answer. For example, work on letter identification. Say a letter and have the child search for the letter.
- EXPO 86001 Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Point, Black (Pack of 12)
- Sharpie Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Black, 12 Count
- Glad Zipper Food Storage Plastic Bags - Gallon - 50 Count - 4 Pack
- Neenah Cardstock, 8.5" x 11", Heavy-Weight, White, 94 Brightness, 300 Sheets (91437)
- Fiskars 01-004761J Softgrip Scissors Straight Stainless Steel, 8 Inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Copyright MOM ENVY 2019. Files may be used for personal use only. No commercial use of the file is available. Files may not be directly shared within Facebook groups, on websites, traced in Silhouette or Cricut program, or in any other way. A link to the web page to download the files may be shared as well as one photo. The file may not be printed and/or created using vinyl and then sold (including local yard sale sites and groups or at local craft fairs). The images may not be used in any way other than to share with a link to the original web page.