I haven’t been as creative with Carl’s food lately. He’s super picky so it makes it really hard. On the other hand, he is so much more excited now by cutesy foods so maybe it will encourage him to try new things! This cute kids snack is super easy. This would be perfect for a little one that’s loving fish or mermaids right now (you could make a scene for the mermaid to play in). Carl’s love for Finding Nemo inspired today’s snack. If you make an under the sea theme, I’d love to see it! Tag me on Instagram or send me a message.
Here’s how you do it…
- Nectarines, Peaches, or Pears
- Using a nectarine, slice off large chunks. Then cut the chunks into the shape of a fish’s body (similar to a long tear drop). Next, cut out a triangle for it’s tail. Repeat until you have the desired number of fish.
- Next, make the same cuts using a watermelon.
- Cut up the Kiwi into long slivers. Keep some of the kiwi including the black seeds off to the side.
- Grab a blue plate to act as the ocean.
- Place kiwi along the bottom to look like seaweed.
- Place the fish bodies in the “ocean” area. Add the tails.
- If desired, lift off a piece of kiwi seaweed. Place a fish down in the seaweed to look like it’s hiding. Then place the kiwi seaweed back on top of the fish to “hide” him.
- Use the seeds from the kiwi to create eyes. You need to make a small pile of them (one seed won’t show up).