I found most of Carl’s items at Target (in the dollar section!) and online at Amazon. Since this basket was from a few years ago, I have updated it with similar items available currently on Amazon.
His basket is my Easter basket from when I was a child. It’s the only real non-girly item I was able to pass down to him (not sure he’d be too crazy about my Samantha doll).
For those Amazon Prime parents, I have included links to numerous items perfect for Easter Baskets. There are links throughout my post as well as a list at the end. This means you can shop for Easter in your pjs (and save money on most items while doing it).
What’s inside of your child’s Easter basket this year? I would love to hear some more ideas so I can add them to my list!
Looking for a custom non-candy item to put inside of your kid’s Easter baskets this year? Check out these FREE printable Easter Egg tickets! Perfect for parents and teachers.
What’s inside my baby’s Easter Basket?
|Carl’s First Easter – 2013|
|Carl’s Finished Easter Basket – 2014|
- Carrot bubbles from Target’s dollar section (these from Amazon would work great as well)
6. VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Race Cars (cheaper multi-pack linked) Carl has the train and fire station sets. He loves them so we thought this little car would be a great addition. There are lots of different options. I linked to a multi-pack (the older car is still available but it’s more expensive).
7. Wiffle balls from Target’s dollar section
Although I was informed by my wiffle ball aficionado that these are not true wiffle balls… oops.. who knew there was a difference? (here are some from Amazon).
8. Lightning McQueen Socks from Target’s dollar section
Any baby or toddler socks would be a great basket stuffer (I included a link to Amazon’s toddler sock options).
9. Mini-chocolate bunny from Target
10. Bunny socks from Target’s dollar section
11. Outdoor chalk and holder from Target’s dollar section
Hoping Carl will actually play with this and not try to eat the chalk…one can only hope!
12. DC Super Friends Book I can’t take the credit for this one, my husband grabbed this one day while out. I think he may be a little tired of reading all of the baby books.
13. Dr Seuss: Green Eggs & Ham & Other Stories My son’s favorite story he reads with my husband is Green Eggs and Ham. He gets to excited so I can’t wait for him to see this!
Easter Basket Ideas for Babies and Toddlers
My boys love these books by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond. This is a great choice for toddlers.
This is a great set of outdoor chalk for kids. They are a triangular shape which is easier to hold and also keeps the chalk from rolling down the driveway.
Playdoh in Easter Eggs makes the perfect basket filler.
Aren’t these hysterical? Chocolate bunny rubber duckies. These come in a pack of 12 so they’re great for grandparents to get for their grandchildren, for kids parties, or to split with family/friends.
Provide some entertainment for the bath with this tugboat. It’s a green toy, too.
Maybe instead of a bunch of little gifts, you could splurge and purchase this set for your child to enjoy for years to come.